- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 kg skinned chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup natural plain yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 large red onion
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
1. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan and brown your onions adding in the sugar to help with the caramelisation.
2. Add in the garlic and ginger,fry until fragrant.Add in the chopped tomatoes and saute well for 2 minutes on a high heat.
3. Add in the chicken along with all the remaining spices saving the coriander and lemon juice for last.Stir and mix making sure every piece of chicken is coated with the spice mixture.
4. Turn the heat low to a simmer and add in the yoghurt.You can add in warm water to thin the sauce to the consistency of your liking.
5. Let this simmer for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is tender and fully cooked. Mix in the fresh chopped coriander and the lemon juice.Take off the heat and serve with a side of choice.
Recipe by: We Men Should Cook