- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (24- to 26-ounce) jar no sugar-added marinara sauce, such as Rao’s
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Place the ground beef, onion, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Use your fingers to work the mixture together just until all the ingredients are evenly combined. Do not overwork.
2. Form the mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs (about 2 tablespoons each), and place the formed meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Heat the oil in a large high-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium until shimmering. Working in batches if needed to make sure the pan is not crowded, add the meatballs, and cook, turning every minute, until browned all over, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Return all the meatballs to the pan and add the sauce. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 8 to 10 minutes.
Recipe by: The Kitchn