- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 110grams caster or superfine sugar
- 200 ml of nut milk (I used almond, you can probably use rice or soy too)
- 210 grams or self raising flour flour
- Zest and juice of two limes
- For the glaze 1/2 cup of icing sugar and a few teaspoons of lime juice
1. Preheat your oven to 170C. Grease and flour a loaf tin (mine is a medium sized tin, not too big, not too tiny)
2. Mix flour and sugar together, add nut milk and whisk until smooth. Add lime juice and zest and stir through, then add the blueberries, but reserve some to scatter on top of the cooked cake.
3. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then turn out to cool completely.
4. To make the glaze add a few teaspoons of lime juice to the sugar and mix, add a little more juice until you reach the desired consistency. Pour over the cooled cake and top with a little lime zest and more blueberries.
Recipe by: Silvia Colloca