- 1/4 Tsp hot chili powder
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 lb Sausage links
- 1 Egg raw & lightly beaten
- 6 Eggs large boiled
- All-purpose Flour enough to coat the Scotch Eggs
- Bread Crumbs enough to coat the Scotch eggs
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
1. Season the sausage with dd the Hot chili powder and Nutmeg then mix this together thoroughly – you can mix with a fork or your hand.
2. Scoop a small ball sized Sausage meat portion, flatten it out with your palms, then drop the Egg in the middle of the flattened out Sausage Meat and wrap the Meat around the Egg until the Egg is totally encased – It’s good to dip your hands in water before molding the meat, this will help the Meat to glide smoothly on your hands and it makes the whole process less messy.
3. Now roll the Meat wrapped Egg in the flour and dust off the excess flour, then dip it into the beaten egg, and finally roll it in the Bread crumbs.
4. Preheat your Oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and fry till golden brown.
Recipe by: Chef Lola’s Kitchen