- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of lemon rind
- 1/2 cup of chopped de-seeded plums
- 2 cups of self raising flour, save 2 extra tablespoons for the working area
1. Rub the margarine into the flour to achieve a crumbly consistency.Add in the sugar.
2. In another bowl, mix the egg, yogurt and vanilla essence and beat till well incorporated. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix them into a rough sticky dough.
3. Lastly, add in the plums and lemon rind. The consistency is supposed to be messy and sticky. Generously dust the working surface and pour the dough onto it. With well dusted hands, begin to shape and flatten the dough and cut out shapes as desired.
4. Bake on high heat at around 200 degrees C for about 10-15 minutes until the top is brown and a skewer inserted into the scone comes out dry/crumbly.
5. I served this with a fruity yogurt and honey parfait. I simply layered some left over red velvet cake from the Surprise heart Cake recipe, some vanilla yogurt, chopped bananas and strawberries, topped with some more yogurt and honey.
Recipe by: Kane’s Kitchen Affair