- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and ginger
- 1 tablespoon of Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 fresh fish(I used Nile-perch)-scored
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1. Season the fish with salt and black pepper.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients and apply the paste on the fish generously including the stomach cavity. Save some of the rub to apply during baking.
3. Place the fish on a wire rack and bake at 160 degrees celsius for 15 minutes until the skin is crispy, flip, apply the remaining rub and bake for 15 more minutes.
4. Serve as is with a fresh kachumbari and some roasted potatoes or a quick tomato stew with ugali
5. The skin was nice and crisp with a rich spicy flavour and a perfectly moist inside for the perfect balance.
Recipe by: Kane’s Kitchen Affair