- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can whole corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound Honeysuckle White 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about the juice of 1 lime)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (optional)
- optional toppings: tortilla strips and shredded cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add ground turkey and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix together and break up the meat using a spatula. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the meat has browned and fully cooked through.
3. Transfer cooked ground turkey and onions to a large slow cooker. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, corn, the remaining 1 tablespoon salt, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika and dried oregano.
4. Mix together until fully combined. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.The longer it cooks, the thicker and more concentrated the flavor of the broth will be.
5. Mix in lime juice, cilantro (if desired) and cream cheese (if you want the soup a little creamy).
6. Serve and top with tortilla strips and shredded cheese.
Recipe by: Isabel Eats