- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple juice or water
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil*
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (244g) canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups (255g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (212g) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger for 20 seconds. Make a well in center of mixture and set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together sugar, oil, pumpkin, eggs, and apple juice until well blended.
4. Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula just until combined.
5. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups filling each nearly full.
6. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 – 25 minutes.
7. Let cool in muffin pan several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by: Cooking Classy