- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano (or 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried)
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and saute 10 seconds, then add tomato paste and stir garlic in.
3. Cook and stir for 1 minute, spreading paste along bottom of pan and stirring while cooking.
4. Remove from heat, stir in crushed tomatoes, oregano, fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste (if using as a dip then heat sauce through over medium-low heat).
5. Spread over pizza dough or store in the fridge up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Recipe by: Cooking Classy