For the salmon
- 4 salmon fillets (skin on or off)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
For the lemon dill sauce (makes about 3/4 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
2. Generously sprinkle the salmon with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake the salmon for about 10 minutes until flaky and just cooked; test it with a fork to assess doneness. Watch the salmon to make sure not to overcook; the timing can vary based on the thickness of the salmon and variations between ovens.
4. While the salmon bakes, mix together the sauce ingredients, adding the water last. Use the water to bring it to a loose, drizzle-able consistency. (You may need a touch more depending on your yogurt brand.)
5. Serve the salmon and garnish each fillet with 2 tablespoons of the lemon dill sauce. Save leftover sauce refrigerated.
Recipe by: A Couple Cooks