- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 minced onions
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
- Daawat Basmati Rice, to serve
1. In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds. Toss for 30 seconds.
2. Add minced onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 4-6 minutes or until the onion becomes fragrant.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and curry powder. Add the chicken and stir until the mixture coats the pieces.
4. Season with salt and pour in the coconut milk. Stir and cover with a lid. Let cook on a medium flame for 25 to 35 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed Basmati Rice.
Recipe by: Pika Chakula