CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE SLOW COOKER
- 1 small head of cabbage – cut into wedges
- 1 corned beef brisket (3-4lbs)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs potatoes – peeled & quartered
- 2 large carrots – chopped
- 2.5 – 3 cups water
1. Chop onion into large chunks and place in the bottom of a 6 qt slow cooker. Top with corned beef and seasoning packet.
2. Pour water into slow cooker until it just about covers the corned beef. Add garlic and bay leaves.
Cook on low 8-10 hours.
3. After the initial 3 hours, add potatoes and carrots to the slow cooker.
4. Two hours before serving, add cabbage wedges to the slow cooker.
5. Remove corned beef from slow cooker and let rest 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
Recipe by: Spend With Pennies