SLOW COOKER TURKEY BREAST
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large onion – sliced
- 2 celery ribs – cut into thirds
- 2 (1 1/2 to 2 pound) boneless – skin on turkey breast halves
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter – room temperature & divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
1. In a small bowl, combine paprika, thyme, poultry seasoning, onion powder, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Place onion and celery into a 6 or 8-qt oval slow cooker; add chicken stock and wine.
3. Using your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from the breast meat, spreading 4 tablespoons butter under the skin. Secure skin over the butter with wooden picks; brush skin with 1 tablespoon melted butter and season with paprika mixture.
4. Place turkey, breast side up, on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove turkey from the slow cooker; let rest 10-15 minutes.
5. Strain slow cooker drippings through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids. Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
6. Gradually whisk in pan drippings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve turkey immediately with gravy.
Recipe by: Damn Delicious