ROSEMARY & GARLIC OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups brown or green lentils
- 2 large carrots
- 3 cups baby spinach (or chopped standard spinach)
- 28-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
1. Dice the onion. Dice the fennel. Peel and dice the carrots. Grate the garlic and set aside to stir in once the soup is cooked. (Got an Instant Pot? Go to Instant Pot Lentil Soup and continue at Step 2!)
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and fennel and saute for 6 to 7 minutes until translucent. Add the carrots, lentils, tomatoes, broth, water, salt, paprika, and oregano.
3. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 22 to 25 minutes until the lentils are tender.
4. Stir in the spinach and grated garlic, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Taste and season with additional salt and fresh ground pepper as necessary. Serve immediately. Stores refrigerated for up to 4 days and frozen for 3 to 4 months.
Recipe by: House of Nash Eats