PERFECT EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF
- 1 beef eye round
- salt – to taste
- pepper – to taste
- paprika – to taste (optional)
- vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. **If desired, trim off excess fat from roast beef**.
2. Season with salt and pepper (and paprika, if desired). Rub meat with vegetable oil.
3. Place meat in roasting pan in preheated oven.
4. Roast beef for 5 minutes per pound. Then turn off oven. DO NOT OPEN OVEN FOR 2 HOURS! **For example, a 4-lb. roast would take 20 minutes to cook and then sit in the turned-off oven for 2 hours.**
Recipe by: Food Dot