- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1½ lbs rack of lamb
- 1-2 cloves of garlic – for basting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs thyme and rosemary – for basting
- 2-3 tablespoons butter – for basting
- Salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder – to taste
Honey Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tsblespoons balsamic reduction
1. Rinse your rack of lamb and pat dry. Once dry, take a sharp knife and slice into individual lamb chops.
2. Add olive oil and ½ lemon juice and rub into your chops. Season generously and allow the lamb chops to come up to room temperature before cooking. Meanwhile, get your skillet smoking hot and add enough avocado oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Lay your lamb chops away from you and press the meat down into the skillet. You want to get as much surface area contact as possible to achieve a good sear. Cook 1-2 minutes per side.
4. Flip and sear the other side. Add your butter, fresh herbs, and garlic and baste each chop. Remove from skillet and rest for about 8 minutes prior to slicing.
1. Mix together your honey and balsamic reduction. Once mixed, take a spoon and drizzle over your lamb chops.
Recipe by: Mr. Make It Happen