- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 heaping tablespoons of red chili powder, recommend New Mexico red chili powder
1. In a large bowl, combine the beef with spices until they are well combined.
2. Add white vinegar to moisten as needed.
3. Place mixture in your refrigerator for a day or two to marinade in a well-covered glass container. This step will enhance the flavor.
4. Use in your favorite recipe calling for Mexican chorizo, or refrigerate or freeze the sausage in an airtight container for later use.
Recipe by: Muy Bueno