- 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 4 tablespoons Habanero Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt&pepper to taste
1. Start off by separating your drums from the flats. This is optional and my personal reasons behind this is that the tips usually cook faster and end up burning. I keep my tips in the freezer for when I need to make stock.
2. Mince the ginger & garlic and using the blunt side of your knife bash the lemon grass to release its flavors and oils. Add in all the marinade ingredients to the wings saving the sweet Chilli sauce for later.Mix well to combine.
3. Cover this and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or preferably 24 hours. Place your marinated wings on a baking rack and bake inside a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes flipping halfway.
4. When done toss your wings in the Habanero Sweet Chilli Sauce and serve or take them back into the oven for an extra 5 minutes as I did mine.This ensures for maximum caramelization. Serve with a side of choice preferably a salad and dig in.
Recipe by: We Men Should Cook