- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or water)
- 1 large onion; diced
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tomato; diced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 Eggs
- salt to taste
- chilli (optional)
- coriander to garnish
1. In a pan add the eggs and top up with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, switch the water off and cover the pan for 15 min.
2. After 15 min, take the eggs out and add them to a bowl of cold water for 5 min. Remove the egg shell on all the eggs and set aside.
3. In a separate pan sauté the onions until golden brown. Add in the ginger and garlic and cook for two min.
Add in the chopped tomato, tomato paste and the spices and cook until the tomatoes are soft and break down (you can add fresh chilli if you like)
4. Add in the coconut milk and cook for a further 5 min. Next, add the de-shelled eggs and gently stir.
5. Garnish with coriander. Serve
Recipe by: Swahili Food