- ¼ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts , halved
- 2 Tablespoons oil from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, or olive oil, divided
- 3 Tablesppons fresh basil, thinly sliced or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- *1/3 cup fresh Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken to skillet and saute until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
3. Add remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil, garlic and stir 30 seconds. Then add mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mushrooms are just soft, stirring frequently.
4. Add wine, chicken broth, and cream. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet, and simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 4-5 minutes.
5. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken and sprinkle with the fresh basil. Serve with steamed Broccoli and/or freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.
Recipe by: Cakes Cottage