- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pack NuVita Coconut Cookies – crushed
- 1 1/2 cups canola or sunflower oil
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- Icing sugar – for garnishing
1. In a bowl, whisk together oil and egg.
2. Add plain flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and vanilla essence and mix until combined.
3. Fold in the carrots and cookies. Pour the batter into a 9 inch cake pan greased and lined with baking paper.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Once cooked, let cool in the cake pan, then remove the cake on a wire rack and cool for another 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with a dusting of icing sugar. Slice and serve.
Recipe by: Pika Chakula