- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped chocolate/chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of margarine(blueband)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of oats
*The molasses can be skipped or replaced with brown sugar. They add in a very unique and old taste to the cookies*
1. For the liquid ingredients; Cream the sugar into the margarine until well mixed. Add in one egg and beat it in. Lastly add in the vanilla essence and molasses .
2. For the dry ingredients: Mix the oats, flour and baking powder. Ensure they’re well mixed together.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture. Fold it into a thick rough mixture and add the chocolate chips.
4. Chill the mixture for about 30 minutes before baking. At this point the cookie dough is super easy to work with.
5. Scoop out the cookie dough and shape into balls and place them on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Flatten the balls with the back of a fork and bake at 180• C for 10-12 minutes until the edges begin to brown.
6. Take them out and allow them to cool slightly before transferring them to an oven rack to cool completely.
7. Best served with a cold glass of milk
Recipe by: Kane’s Kitchen Affair