- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 inch fresh ginger – smashed
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 fresh rosemary twigs
- 4 cloves of garlic – smashed
- 5 black peppercorns
- 20 samosa pockets
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. In a sufuria(Cooking pot), add the boneless chicken breasts, rosemary twigs, garlic,ginger,black peppercorns ], salt and enough water to cover the chicken breast. Let the liquid come to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Once done,turn off the heat and let the chicken rest in the poaching liquid covered for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts and let them cool off. Slice up the chicken then shred the slices with a fork to get bite size pieces.
3. In another sufuria, heat two tablespoons of oil. Add the green onions and cumin seeds. Cook until fragrant. Add the shredded chicken and stir to combine.
4. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly then remove from heat. Let the filling cool. In a wide and deep pan, add a generous amount of vegetable oil.
5. Over medium heat, let the oil heat up. As the oil is heating up, fill the samosa pockets with the chicken filling. You know the oil is hot enough when you put the handle of a wooden spoon and bubbles steadily form around it.
6. Fry up the samosas, remember not to crowd the pan. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Recipe by: Leo Tunapika?