- 1/4 cup maize flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 500gms chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Wash and pat dry your chicken tenders.If they are from the freezer or refrigerator let them come to room temperature. Crack your eggs in a bowl,water it down with two tablespoons of water.
2. Mix together your 1/4 cup wheat flour with the corn flour.Season well with salt and pepper.Set aside the remaining flour for later. Mince your garlic,mix it in with the chicken.add in juice of one lemon and season well with enough salt and pepper
3. Dust the chicken in the wheat flour,dip it in your egg mixture then coat it well with the corn flour wheat flour mixture.Set aside on a wire rack and repeat. Deep fry it in hot frying oil for 5 to six minutes until golden brown and crispy.Cook in butches avoiding crowding the pan.
4. Take off the oil,drain with pepper towels.Serve with a dip of choice.
-Using a fryer with a heavy base is always advisable as it distributes heat more evenly and allows for even cooking.I went with my cast iron pan and it’s always my go to when a recipe calls for any deep or shallow frying
Recipe by: We Men Should Cook