- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups maziwa mala
- 2 eggs
- 3 – 4 ripe bananas
- Fresh / frozen blueberries
1. Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork into small chunks of banana. **You can mash it completely if you aren’t a fan of banana chunks.**
2. Then add the eggs, one by one. **Always work with room temperature eggs, so in case you store your eggs in the fridge remove them at least thirty minutes before using them**
3. Mix up the dry ingredients. **Whenever you see me working with ripe bananas just know cinnamon or nutmeg is about to feature. For this recipe I used ground cinnamon. Cinnamon is such a warm spice.**
4. Into the egg and banana mixture add the mala and vanilla essence and stir. **Mala, which makes the pancakes fluffy and soft**. Now to combine the dry and wet ingredients together.
5. Give the batter about 15 minutes of rest. This helps settle all the gluten worked up in the stirring and yields a soft pancake. Once the batter is well rested, heat up your pancake griddle. Use a stainless steel pan. Add some oil and let that heat up over medium heat.
6. Over the pancakes, add some blueberries, can either be fresh or frozen. Let the pancakes cook until bubbles on the surface form and pop.
7. Then flip those babies.The underside will cook within no time.
8. Drizzle over your favourite pancake syrup, I prefer honey and top off with some sliced ripe bananas and blueberries.
Recipe by: Leo Tunapika?