- 1/4 tsp (heaping) salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice or plain vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups (310g) mashed overripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups (295ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (212g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp (24g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp (42g) melted butter
1. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together milk and lemon or vinegar, let rest 3 minutes. Preheat an electric griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of mixture, set aside. To milk mixture add eggs, melted butter, and mashed bananas and mix to combined.
3. Pour milk mixture into center of flour mixture. Whisk just until combined, batter will be lumpy and that’s good (that means it’s not over-mixed).
4. Scoop batter at 1/3 cup at a time and pour onto lightly greased griddle. If batter is thick you can spread round out slightly using bottom of the measuring cup.
5. Cook until bubbles begin to appear on the top surface and bottom is golden brown. Flip and continue to cook until opposite side is golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack (if needed you can keep warm in a 200 degree oven, though they are fluffiest served just after cooking).
6. Serve warm with toppings of choice.
Recipe by: Cooking Classy