- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1″ thick
- olive oil
1. *If brining the pork chops: place the 4 tablespoons of salt into a shallow dish big enough to fit the chops in a single layer. Add boiling water. Stir to dissolve salt. Add cold water. Stir. Add pork chops. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 4 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine bread crumbs, seasoning and parmesan cheese on a plate. Pat dry each chop with paper towels and rub each with olive oil and dredge in the coating.
3. Press the mixture over the pork chops to make sure they are well covered in it. Heat a large (oven safe) skillet over high heat.
4. Pour olive oil to coat. Add pork chops to the pan and cook for 3- 4 minutes, until golden brown on one side. Flip the pork chops, and immediately place the skillet in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Chops will get browned, but You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top. Serve immediately with a veggie like these delicious fresh broccoli that I steamed.
Recipe by: Cakes Cottage