- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus 1 Tbsp more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp honey**
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed of excess fat*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. To make marinade: In a mixing bowl whisk together lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, honey, cumin and salt and pepper to taste (I use 1 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper – not included in nutrition estimate as this is per personal preference).
2. Place chicken thighs in a gallon size resealable bag, pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag while pressing out excess air. Rub marinade over chicken until it cilantro appears more evenly distributed.
3. Let marinate 1 hour in refrigerator (or up to 8 hours for thighs 4 hours for breasts).
4. Grill instructions: Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat (about 425 degrees). Remove chicken from marinade (I like to brush most of the cilantro off as it just turns to an unappetizing color and it’s already seasoned the chicken). Grill chicken thighs until center reaches 165 degrees, about 5 – 6 minutes per side.
5. Stovetop instructions: Heat a little olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade, wipe excess marinade and cilantro off. Cook chicken thighs in skillet until 165 in center, about 5 – 7 minutes per side.
6. Serve chicken warm garnished with 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro.
Recipe by: Cooking Classy